From 7 to 10 October 2017 Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, Ph.D. participated in the 17th National Scientific Conference of the series "Value Management" organized by the Departments of: Business Economics, Banking, Finance and Financial Risk, University of Gdansk, in cooperation with the Collegium of Business Administration of the Warsaw School of Economics, which took place during a ferry trip to Sweden. The main idea of the conference was to exchange scientific insights and business experiences related to dynamically changing economic, social, geopolitical and climatic conditions, which contributed to reflecting on their micro and macroeconomic effects.
Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, Ph.D.: “Corporate social responsibility in capital concentration" [Session V: Social and Environmental Aspects of Value Management]
Link to conference website: http://www.konferencja.wzr.pl/
From 18 to 20 of September 2017, research scientists of the Department of Corporate Finance and Insurance participated at the Conference of Finance Departments 2017
- "Finance for Development" organized by the Department of Banking, Department of Public Finance, Section of Insurance, Section of Financial Markets and Section of Finance of the Faculty of Economics at Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin. The main idea of the conference is to allow the exchange of views, the determination of the strategic directions of financial development, the dissemination of the research results of the various scientific centers, and making contacts which will result in joint scientific projects to contribute to the development of the science of finance.
The conference was attended by:
- prof. Artur Walasik, PhD "Economics of economic taxation" [session: Public finance II. Taxes]
- Anna Doś, PhD "Profitability and financial condition of corporate social responsible and “irresponsible " [session: Corporate Finance]
- Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, PhD "The rationale and consequences of interests’ conflicts in area of capital concentration" [Poster session]
- Joanna Błach, PhD and Monika Wieczorek-Kosmala, PhD ""
Link to conference website: http://www.kkf2017.umcs.pl/
On January 11th 2017 which is the Day of our University’s Celebration, there was an official doctoral promotion of Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, Ph.D. An academic degree of Doctor of Economic Science in finance was awarded by the Council of Faculty of Finance and Insurance to Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, Ph.D. on the 23rd of June 2016.
The title of doctoral thesis: “System of Financial Links in Complex Capital Structures”
Doctoral advisor: Prof. Gabriela Łukasik, Ph.D.
Web site of the event: http://www.ue.katowice.pl/no_cache/uczelnia/aktualnosci/article/promocje-habilitacyjne-i-doktorskie-galeria.html
On the 30th of November 2016 Danuta Kozłowska-Makóś, PhD. participated in the V Congress of the Capital Market, organized by the Faculty of Management of Warsaw University in cooperation with KDPW and clearinghouse KDPW_CCP. The main idea of the Congress is to promote the expertise about the Polish capital market in view of the changes taking place in the international markets, the key projects aimed at the development of the market among the scientific and academic community.
Web site of the congress: http://www.kongres-rk.pl/
This year ZUS (The Polish Social Insurance Institution) starts debate connected with the review of social security system in Poland, in particulars dedicated to the theme: Security thanks to Responsibility. Prof. Walasik was asked by Prof. Gertruda Uścińska, The president of ZUS for participation in discussion taken place in Rybnik and Chorzow. First of both debate was co-organized by Faculty of Business, Finance and Administration of our University, where prof. Walasik provided speech: Capital taxation as the source of financing social security system. A new paradigm of secular equilibrium of social security funds.
On the 6th of September 2016 dr Anna Doś and dr Joanna Błach participated in the 8th International Scientific Conference „Managing and Modelling of Financial Risks 2016” organized by the Department of Finance, Faculty of Economics in VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava. Dr Anna Doś presented a paper titled: “Multi-criteria Decision Methods for Financial Management in SMEs”. Dr Joanna Błach presented a paper titled: “Conflicts of Interest and their Consequences for Financial Management and Risk in a Company”.
Link to the conference site:
On June, 7th the elections to collegial bodies of University of Economics were proceeded. Academics of Department of Corporate Finance and Insurance has been elected for next four-years term to Senate of University as well as Faculty Council. In particulars, prof. Artur Walasik, PhD and Maria Gorczyńska, PhD are members of Senate. The members of Council of Faculty of Finance and Insurance are Joanna Błach, PhD and Maria Gorczyńska, PhD. Both prof. Gabriela Łukasik and prof. Artur Walasik will seat at Council due to the Statue of University.