Polish for Foreigners

Foreigners who want to study in Polish should prove their command of this language through:

  • attending a one-year preparatory course at one of the schools certified by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego)
  • presenting a language proficiency certificate issued by the State Certification Commission for Polish as a Foreign Language (Państwowa Komisja Poświadczania Znajomości Języka Polskiego jako Obcego)

Each semester, the University of Economics offers its international students an introductory course of Polish (“Survival Polish”). Students who choose this course can get 5 ECTS credits.

Moreover, foreigners studying or working in Poland can take an intensive course of Polish at Silesian Business Language School.


Polish language and culture courses


Survival Polish