Przejdź do menu Przejdź do treści

Nomination and Application Deadlines


Winter semester and full academic year 2024/2025

Summer semester 2024/2025

Nomination by Home Coordinator

   14 May 2024

14 October 2024

Deadline for the duly signed student'sApplication Form and Online Learning Agreement

   31 May 2024

31 October 2024

Language requirements

All subjects from our study offer for exchange students are advanced-level courses taught entirely in English; to actively participate in coursework and sit exams in this language, students must demonstrate English skills at the B2 level in Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).

We do not require exchange students to provide us with an official certificate in English like IELTS, FCE/ CAE or TOEFL; we rely on our partner institutions to nominate students who will meet the B2 language requirements. Only for your reference B2 level CEFR is equvivalent to IELTS > 6,5 points, TOEFL > 80 points, TOEIC (listening &reading) > 785 points.

The coordinator at home institution needs to confirm the candidate's proficiency in English with his/her signature on the Application Form. Application forms with the language competence confirmation missing will not be accepted.

Online Application Process & Online Learning Agreement (OLA) _Erasmus+ students

Online Application Process and OLA Guide (click here)

Online Learning Agreement (OLA)replaced the printable Learning Agreement (LA) for the mobilities within Erasmus+ Programme. The OLA does not refer to the exchange within the bilateral agreement or CEEPUS.


  1. Information to the Online Learning Agreement
    Receiving Institution: University of Economics in Katowice
    Faculty/ Department: School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
    Erasmus Code: PL Katowic02
    Address: ul. 1 Maja 50, 40-287 Katowice  

    Contact Person Name:
    Małgorzata Łyczek,
    +48 32 257 7915

    Responsible Person at the Receiving Institution
    (apart from ARIMA students):
    dr Mirosława Malinowska,


Online Application Process & Printable Learning Agreement (LA)_non Erasmus+ students

Online Application Process & Printable Learning Agreement Guide (click here)

In order to complete a mobility at the University of Economics in Katowice (UEKat), all students are required to prepare the Learning Agreement.

Exchange students carrying out a mobility within bilateral agreements, CEEPUS or other programs (apart from Erasmus+) are required to use a printable version of the Learning Agreement.


Extension of stay

If you would like to extend your stay at our university from winter semester to the whole year, you need to get the official approval of your home university and UEKat on an extension form (available soon) before the deadline:

  • students from European Union- till 31 January duly signed Extension Form and Online Learning Agreement/ Printable learning Agreement
  • students outside European Union- till 31 October duly signed Extension Form and Online Learning Agreement/ Printable learning Agreement



FAQ for exchange students

1. How will the academic year be organized? On campus or online?

The classes are mainly on campus, however it may happen that some classes will be conducted online.

2. Will I be required to fill in the Online Learning Agreement (OLA)?

If you are an Erasmus+ student (within or outside Europe) you need to prepare your Learning Agreement using OLA tool.

In case you are an exchange student within CEEPUS or bilateral agreement you DO NOT fill in the OLA. You will prepare your Learning Agreement using our Online Application System for exchange students (printable version).

More information about filling in the Learning Agreeement is published HERE (be carefull with the correct section- there is a separate section for Online Learning Agreement and Printable Learning Agreement). 

3. Where I find the links to the information about accommodation, insurance, visa and other important issues?

All useful information with links to the accommodation etc. is to find in the section Practical Information- Welcome Point (HERE).

4. When will be published the academic offer for the new academic year?

The academic calendar is usually updated end of April/ beginning of May. It is published HERE.

5. Will the virtual mobilities be accepted?

We do not accept students for virtual exchange. 

6. If classes are provided partially online, will UEKat provide exchange students with laptops/ computers?

Unfortunately we are not able to provide students with laptops or computers. Students shall bring their own devices from home. 

7. Is UEKat planning to organize an Integration Week?

We are organizing 2 Integration Weeks, usually a week before the start of each semester- one at the end of September and one mid February.

A week before the event, all incoming students will receive an e-mail with the details of the schedule and arrangements from our Welcome Point.

8. I do not feel well, what should I do?

You need to call the doctor's practice, register yourself and book an appointment. The appointment may be face-to-face or by a phone call. 

In order to register yourself you will need:

-your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

-your ID document (passport/ID card/ driving licence)

-your phone number

-your address in Poland

-your address in your home country

You should bring these documents to the doctor's practice before your appointment or in case of a phone call appointment send them scanned by e-mail to the address of the doctor's practice given on their website. 

If you are not a European Union citizen and you have a private health insurance policy, you have to make an appointment for a private visit and your insurance company will cover the costs of the visit.

Here is the link to website of the Welcome Point and the list of medical facilities:

9. Which level of English is required? Do I need to have an official certificate?

All exchange students must have B2 level of their English. We do not require any official language certificate, like FCE, CAE, TOEFL or IELTS, but your English level must be confirmed by your home univeristy on the application form. We trust our partner universities to select students with B2 level of English so that they can follow the classes for exchange students at our university.

10. How can I register in your Online Application System?

After being nominated you will receive an e-mail with a personal password with which you will be able to enter the system and register yourself (your login is the e-mail address given to us by your home coordinator). You receive the access to the system mid May or mid October.

11. When and how I will receive my Acceptance Letter?

Acceptance Letters will be uploaded in the system after the application deadline when all students have registered and uploaded the required signed documents (usually mid June- winter semester and full academic year or mid November- spring semester).

You will receive your Acceptance Letter only when both International Relations and the Coordinator at the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies accept you in the system (status “accepted”).

12. Will I receive the acceptance letter by post to my home address?

Only on your request sent via e-mail if you need to arrange visa.

13. I need to change some information in my online registration form. How should I do it?

Log into your account with the password you got in the e-mail and edit the information on your profile (rememebr to save the changes).

14. Do I have to select only courses in my level of study (Bachelor’s or Master’s)?

You have to select courses only from your level of studies.

15. I have questions concerning the subjects available and the timetable. Who should I contact?

All matters which concern the subjects, changes to the Learning Agreement, number of ECTS, etc., should be addressed to the Coordinator at the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies (see the section Contact).

16. I am a winter semester exchange student and I would like to extend my stay at UE Katowice for the summer semester. What does the procedure look like? What should I do?

Please refer to the section Extension of Stay under the link:

17. Does the University of Economics in Katowice offer accommodation in the university dormitories?

Unfortunately university dormitories are closed from the academic year 2019/2020.

18. Will there be a student mentor to support me?

Yes. Approximately one month before your arrival you will receive an Uni Buddy to help you with everyday matters and especially upon your arrival in Katowice (you will see his/her contact details in the Online Application System).  

Join us

Accreditations and partners

logotyp efmd
logotyp ceeman
logotyp hr
logotyp cima
logotyp eaie
logotyp bauhaus4
logotyp progres3
logotyp acca