FAQ for exchange students 2023/2024
1. How will the winter semester be organized? On campus or online?
The classes should be organized on campus but we do not have such information yet. It will depend on the decision of the university authorities.
2. Will I be required to fill in the Online Learning Agreement (OLA)?
If you are an Erasmus+ student (within or outside Europe) you need to prepare your Learning Agreement using OLA.
In case you are an exchange student within CEEPUS or bilateral agreement you DO NOT fill in the OLA. You will prepare your Learning Agreement using our Online Application System for exchange students (printable version).
More information about filling in the Learning Agreeement is published HERE.
3. Where I find the links to the information about accommodation, insurance, visa and other important issues?
All useful information about the deadlines, contact details, links to the accommodation etc. is to find in our Fact Sheet.
4.. When will be published the academic offer for the new academic year?
The academic offer is usually updated end of March/ begining of Arpil. It is published here.
5. Will the virtual mobilities be accepted?
We do not accept students for virtual exchange.
6. If classes are provided partially online, will UEKat provide exchange students with laptops/ computers?
Unfortunately we are not able to provide students with laptops or computers. Students shall bring their own devices from home.
7. Is UEKat planning to organize the Orientation meeting?
We are organizing 2 Integration Weeks, usually a week before the start of each semester- one at the end of September and one mid February.
A week before the event, all incoming students will receive an e-mail with the details of the schedule and arrangements from our Welcome Point.
8. Where can I find the latest information concerning situation related to covid-19?
You can check the current updates and information for international students on portal "UE Katowice in the age of coronavirus".
9. I do not feel well, what should I do?
You need to call the doctor's practice, register yourself and book an appointment. The appointment may be face-to-face or by a phone call.
In order to register yourself you will need:
-your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
-your ID document (passport/ID card/ driving licence)
-your phone number
-your address in Poland
-your address in your home country
You should bring these documents to the doctor's practice before your appointment or in case of a phone call appointment send them scanned by e-mail to the address of the doctor's practice given on their website.
If you are not a European Union citizen and you have a private health insurance policy, you have to make an appointment for a private visit and your insurance company will cover the costs of the visit.
Here is the link to website of the Welcome Point and the list of medical facilities:
10. Where can I find the information about accommodation, visa and health insurance?
All useful information is to find on the website of the Welcome Point:
General FAQ for exchange students
1. How can I become an exchange student at UEKat?
You have to be selected by your Home University and nominated by your Home Coordinator to UEK International Relations.
2. Which level of English is required? Do I need to have an official certificate?
All exchange students must have B2 level of their English. We do not require any official language certificate, like FCE, CAE, TOEFL or IELTS, but your English level must be confirmed by your home univeristy on the application form. We trust our partner universities to select students with B2 level of English so that they can follow the classes for exchange students at our university.
3. How can I register for the exchange at UE Katowice?
After being nominated you will receive an e-mail with a personal password with which you will be able to enter the system and register yourself.
4. What are the semester dates?
Please check the academic calendar.
5. When and how I will receive my Acceptance Letter?
Acceptance Letters will be uploaded in the system after the application deadline when all students have registered and uploaded the required signed documents.
You will receive your Acceptance Letter only when both International Relations and the Coordinator at the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies accept you in the system (status “accepted”).
6. Will I receive the acceptance letter by post to my home address?
Only on your request sent via e-mail.
7. I need to change some information in my online registration form. How should I do it?
Log into your account with the password you got in the e-mail and edit the information on your profile.
8. Do I have to select only courses in my level of study (Bachelor’s or Master’s)?
You have to select courses only from your level of studies.
9. I have questions concerning the subjects available and the timetable. Who should I contact?
All matters which concern the subjects, changes to the Learning Agreement, number of ECTS, etc., should be addressed to the Coordinator at the School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies (see the section Contact).
10. I am a winter semester exchange student and I would like to extend my stay at UE Katowice for the summer semester. What does the procedure look like? What should I do?
The deadline is the deadline for application for the summer semeter. After this date you cannot extend your stay. You need to get the approval of your home university and UE Katowice and have the Learning Agreement for the next semester signed and stamped before the end of the application for the summer semester.
11. Does the University of Economics in Katowice offer accommodation in the university dormitories?
Unfortunately university dormitories are closed from the academic year 2019/2020.
12. Will there be a student mentor to support me?
Yes. Approximately one month before your arrival you will receive a mentor to help you with everyday matters and especially upon your arrival in Katowice (you will see his/her contact details in the online application system).