FAQ for exchange students
1. How can I become an exchange student?
You have to be selected by your Home University and nominated by your Home Coordinator to UEK International Relations.
2. Which level of English is required? Do I need to have an official certificate?
All exchange students must have B2 level of their English. We do not require any official language certificate, like FCE, CAE, TOEFL or IELTS, but your English level must be confirmed by your home univeristy on the application form. We trust our partner universities to select students with B2 level of English so that they can follow the classes for exchange students at our university.
3. How can I register for the exchange at UEK?
After being nominated you will receive an e-mail with a personal password with which you will be able to enter the system and register yourself.
4. What are the semester dates?
Please check the academic calendar.
5. When and how I will receive my Acceptance Letter?
Acceptance Letters will be uploaded in the system after the application deadline when all students have registered and uploaded the required signed and stamped documents.
You will receive your acceptance letter only when both International Relations and Faculty Coordinator accept you in the system (status “accepted”).
6. Will I receive the acceptance letter by post to my home address?
Only on your request sent via e-mail.
7. I need to change some information in my online registration form. How should I do it?
Log into your account with the password you got in the e-mail and edit the information on your profile.
8. Do I have to select only courses in my level of study (Bachelor’s or Master’s)?
You can select any courses from our offer as long as they are approved by your Home Coordinator.
9. I have questions concerning the subjects available and the timetable. Who should I contact?
All matters which concern the subjects, changes to the Learning Agreement, number of ECTS, etc., should be addressed to the Coordinator at the Faculty of Finance and Insurance (see the section Contact)
10. I am a winter semster exchange student and I would like to extend my stay at UEK for the summer semester. What does the procedure look like? What should I do?
If you would like to extend your stay you need to get the approval of your home university and UEK and have the Learning Agreement for the next semester signed and stamped before the end of the application for the summer semester, which is till the end of October.
11. Does the University of Economics in Katowice offer accommodation in the university dormitories?
Unfortunately university dormitories will be closed from the academic year 2019/2020. International Relations office is waiting for the official information about other possible forms of accommodation for our incoming students. As soon as we have any further details we will publish information on the website.
12. Will there be a student mentor to support me?
Yes. Approximately one month before your arrival you will receive a mentor to help you with everyday matters and especially upon your arrival in Katowice (you will see his/her contact details in the online application system). Bear in mind that the mentors are students like you and they can be on holiday.