FAQ for exchange students


1. How can I become an exchange student?

You have to be selected by your Home University and nominated by your Home Coordinator to UEK International Relations.

2. Which level of English is required? Do I need to have an official certificate?

All exchange students must have B2 level of their English. We do not require any official language certificate, like FCE, CAE, TOEFL or IELTS, but your English level must be confirmed by your home univeristy on the application form. We trust our partner universities to select students with B2 level of English so that they can follow the classes for exchange students at our university.

3. How can I register for the exchange at UEK?

After being nominated you will receive an e-mail with a personal password with which you will be able to enter the system and register yourself.

4. What are the semester dates?

Please check the academic calendar.

5. When and how I will receive my Acceptance Letter?

Acceptance Letters will be uploaded in the system  after the application deadline when all students have registered and uploaded the required signed and stamped documents.

You will receive your acceptance letter only when both International Relations and Faculty Coordinator accept you in the system (status “accepted”).

6. Will I receive the acceptance letter  by post to my home address?

Only on your request sent via e-mail.

7. I need to change some information in my online registration form. How should I do it?

Log into your account with the password you got in the e-mail and edit the information on your profile.

8. Do I have to select only courses in my level of study (Bachelor’s or Master’s)?

You can select any courses from our offer as long as they are approved by your Home Coordinator.

9. I have questions concerning the subjects available and the timetable. Who should I contact?

All matters which concern the subjects, changes to the Learning Agreement, number of ECTS, etc., should be addressed to the Coordinator at the Faculty of Finance and Insurance (see the section Contact)

10. I am a winter semster exchange student and I would like to extend my stay at UEK for the summer semester. What does the procedure look like? What should I do?

If you would like to extend your stay you need to get the approval of your home university and UEK and have the Learning Agreement for the next semester signed and stamped before the end of the application for the summer semester, which is till the end of October.

11. I have questions concerning the dormitory facilities, payment details, etc. Who should I contact?

All matters which concern the dormitory can be found under the following link or should be addressed directly to the e-mail address domstudenta@ue.katowice.pl

12. Do you guarantee dormitory places for exchange students?

Unfortunately not – we have limited number of places for exchange students.  Likewise, we cannot guarantee that your double or triple room preferences will be accommodated but we will do our best.

13. How can I make the dormitory booking?

During registration in the online application form.

14. When will I have the dormitory booking confirmation?

The place in the dormitory will be initially confirmed on the Letter of Acceptance. The place is guaranteed after paying the deposit (you will see the confirmation in the online application system).

15. Can I have a single room in the dormitory?

There is a very limited number of single rooms. You can write about your preference for a single room but before your arrival the dormitory staff cannot guarantee that you will be accomodated in a single room.

16. Can I pay the dormitory deposit by Western Union transfer?

No, it must be paid into the university’s bank account.

17. Will there be a student mentor to support me?

Yes. Approximately one month before your arrival you will receive a mentor, a person from the Erasmus Student Network (you will see his/her contact details in the online application system). Bear in mind that the mentors are students like you and they can be on holiday.