If you are planning to come to Poland by car we recommend using the following website for driving directions. Once you reach Katowice you should contact your mentor (person in charge of showing you your way to your hall of residence / hotel) by phone. Here is a map of Katowice center and university buildings, which you might find useful.
Polish road regulations:
- Traffic is right-hand
- Speed limits: 50 km/hour in built-up areas from 5 AM to 11 PM and 60km/hour from 11 PM to 5 AM, 90 km/hour outside built-up areas, 110 km/hour on dual carriageways and 130 km/hour on motorways
- Permitted blood alcohol level is 0.2 per cent
- Dipped headlights must be used all day, all year round
- Foreign drivers can use their national driving licence or an international driving licence for up to six months after entering Poland
- Seatbelts must be worn by both front seat and back seat passengers and it is prohibited to use hand-held mobiles while driving