The Dormitory is situated about 20 minutes by bus (very good public transport connections) from the main University buildings, in Ligota - a green and quiet district of Katowice, with its own centre and railway station. The dormitory is located near a big student residential area consisting of dormitories of almost all higher education institutions in Katowice.
- double or triple single-sex bedrooms
- bedrooms equipped with fridges
- two bedrooms share a bathroom
- bedclothes provided
- free Internet access in each room
- all utilities (water, electricity, heating) included in the price
- two common kitchens on each floor
- two laundry rooms
- TV room, games room
- silent study room
- sports facilities
In the academic year 2017/18 the prices are:
- PLN 455 - 485 per month for a place in a double room
- PLN 410 - 440 per month for a place in a triple room
Akademik Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego
ul. Franciszkańska 8
40-708 Katowice (Ligota)
Renting a flat
If you don't feel like living in the student residential area you can always rent a flat on your own with a real estate agency (biuro nieruchomości). The rent depends on the apartment location and usually varies from 150 to 200 EUR for a one-room apartment. You can also rent a flat with other students or share a room - that will probably be much cheaper.
Note that fully equipped flats are usually more expensive.