Subscriptions and library card
Who can borrow a collection?
Silesian University of Technology (since 11.04.2013), Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice (since 11.06.2013), Medical University of Silesia (since 27.06.2013), Academy of Physical Education in Katowice (since 05.11.2015).
- students of the Silesian University of Technology, the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, the Medical University of Silesia and the Academy of Physical Education in Katowice who wish to sign up for the Centre must have a student book with the stamp of their Main Library and a student ID card;
- if the university does not issue traditional student books, the enrolment in the CINiBA is based on a written confirmation of the registration of the reader in the library's home database;
- students of the University of Silesia who wish to sign up for the Main Library of the Silesian University of Technology, the Library of the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, the Library of the Medical University of Silesia or the Library of the Academy of Physical Education in Katowice must have a student book with the stamp of the Centre and a student ID card;
- students of the University of Economics who wish to sign up for the above-mentioned libraries must have a special certificate issued by the Centre Lending Library and a student ID card;
- students, doctoral students, postgraduate students of other universities (on the basis of signed tripartite contracts with the University of Silesia and the University of Economics) can borrow 5 volumes for 8 weeks.
How do I sign up?
What documents do I need to sign up for the library?
The deposit fee (150 PLN) together with the fee for issuing an electronic library card (10 PLN) can be paid in cash or by card directly in the Lending Library, or by bank transfer to the bank account number: PL 41 1050 1214 1000 0024 1575 8180
In the title of the payment you should write: deposit and card issue, name and surname of the reader.
Without this information it will not be possible to identify the payment. Activation of the library account is possible only after posting the bank payment or presenting a document confirming the transfer (confirmation of the transfer can be sent to the following address: email@example.com).
- What document serves as a library card?
- Guest Card
The obligation to have a guest card applies to all readers who do not have a document entitling them to borrow collections from the CINiB and who intend to use a wifi network, reading rooms, headphones for the media and individual work booths. The guest card is issued free of charge by the lending library (level 0).
Interlibrary Loan Service
Contact: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone + 48 32 786 5123, +48 32 786 5124
Interlibrary Loan Service imports books, prints of magazine articles and other materials from other libraries in Poland and abroad, which are not in possession of the Library of the University of Silesia, the Main Library of the University of Economics or any other library in Katowice.
Fees for late return of documents
In case of failure to meet the deadline for returning the borrowed documents, a penalty shall be collected in the amount specified in the price list of fees in the library and information system of the Library of the University of Silesia and the Main Library of the University of Economics in Katowice. The fee can be paid:
- directly in the lending library
- through the PayU system (the option is available after logging in, in the "User Account" tab, in the "Fees - unsettled" section)
- by bank transfer to the bank account:
PL 41 1050 1214 1000 0024 1575 8180
The title of the payment should include: penalty for detention, name and surname of the reader. Without this information it will not be possible to identify the payment.
It is also necessary to send a bank transfer confirmation to: email@example.com or to deliver it to the CINiBA lending library.