How to use the services of a sign language interpreter?

Every deaf student/doctoral student or a student with impaired hearing may benefit from the free assistance of a sign language interpreter during classes, obtaining passing grades and carrying out formal matters at the University.

In order to benefit from this form of assistance, you must complete and submit an application with a copy of your disability certificate to the Rector’s Representative for the Disabled (Support Center for the Disabled - room 107A), who, after receiving an opinion, will forward it to the Vice-Rector for Education and Internationalization for a final decision. The Representative informs the applicant of the decision. In case of a positive decision, the applicant should deliver an up-to-date timetable to the Support Center for the Disabled.

The scope of sign language interpreter services includes:

  • interpreting at the request of the student of the content provided during lectures, classes, seminars and other forms of study included in the curriculum into sign language;
  • interpreting of the content provided during consultations, examinations and obtaining credits;
  • individual work with a disabled student, which involves providing interpreting services during visits to library, etc.

Application for a disabled student assistant
(Appendix No. 1 to the Rector's Order No. 132/19 [translated content])

Schedule of activities performed - for the sign language interpreter
(Appendix No. 2 to the Rector's Order No. 132/19 [translated content])