This educational and culinary event aims to promote a healthy lifestyle, increase students' nutrition awareness, and help them build sound eating habits. The planned date is November 23, 2023.
A single workshop will last 90 minutes and consist of educational and culinary parts.
The educational part, "7 steps to healthy eating", includes a lecture with workshop elements. Participants will be introduced to the key information on proper nutrition in seven steps, with particular emphasis on the two inseparable pillars of healthy eating - nutrition and eating habits. Students will learn, for example:
- how to properly balance meals,
- how to change current eating habits for the better,
- how to make the right nutritional choices on a daily basis.
In the culinary part, participants will work in teams of two and prepare simple dishes. During the workshop, ten different easy-to-pack snacks will be prepared, including the following:
- healthy sweets made from dried fruits, nuts and cereals, as a substitute for traditional sweets,
- sandwich pastes, as an alternative to store-bought products,
- smoothies, as a quick and nutritious way to have a healthy breakfast,
- salads, which are a vitamin bomb and a nutritious option for a second breakfast or light lunch,
- wraps full of vegetables, as a great alternative to traditional sandwiches.
The workshop will end with taste-testing of prepared snacks. Participants will also receive training materials. Recruitment for the event is over.