About Finance and Accounting for Business
Finance and Accounting for Business is a full-time Bachelor’s degree programme delivered in English. The programme has been designed for students who want to:
- discover the world of finance,
- get an insight into the decision-making processes for companies’ financing and investments,
- find out the role of accounting and its importance,
- learn to present and analyse information on the company’s financial and economic standing,
- learn to include the crucial factors for efficient financial management,
- refine their English skills.
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the areas of:
- Corporate finance,
- Finance for public sector,
- Global finance,
- Financial institutions,
- Financial accounting,
- Financial reporting and analysis,
- Tax planning,
- ICT for finance and accounting,
- Capital budgeting & project appraisal,
- Financing decisions and equity capital market,
- Financial management in terms of CSR concept,
- Risk management,
- Financial modelling for business decision making.
A graduate has knowledge and skills in the fields of:
- collecting financial data,
- preparation of financial reports and their analysis,
- calculating of taxes concerning business entity,
- using relevant information to make entity’s financial decisions,
- decisions connected with investments in financial markets,
- implementing IT tools to record and analyze financial information,
- decisions in applying the company’s competitive strategy,
- using specialized English.
After graduation, it is possible to work as a member of a team deal with:
- corporate finance
- book – keeping, financial accounting and reporting,
- business and financial analysis,
Examples of institutions and companies in which students can work after graduation:
- Business entities,
- Business servicers,
- Institutions of public sector,
- Banks and other financial institution,
Language skills enable graduates to work in international teams, companies, institutions.
Teaching methods and scientific staff
Courses implicit in a study programme have a form of lectures, classes, laboratories, seminars. We also offer language classes and sport activities. The form of course and number of teaching hours depend on learning outcomes necessary to achieve by students. During classes multimedia techniques as well as proper IT tools are used. Majority of courses use numerical examples and case studies to present practical attempt to analyzed problems. Also group discussion, team building exercises, group work, and student presentations are as a didactic methods are used.
Courses are delivered by well qualified staff with scientific, didactic and business experience. Polish lecturers are experienced in teaching in international context thanks to participation in exchange programmes, conferences, projects. We also invite teachers from partners universities located abroad to conduct part of individual courses.
Fields of study Finance and accounting has an accreditation of Polish Accreditation Commission till 2020.
Students of Finance and Accounting for Business must do obligatory internship after fourth semester (during holiday period). Bureau for Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni supports students in process of finding appropriate company or institution. It is also possible to do internship abroad, International Relation Office can deliver necessary information about available companies.