The Editorial Team of JEM complies with the ethical standards recommended by the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) guidelines, as well as the recommendations provided by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland.
Authors should conduct their research from research proposal to publication in line with best practices and codes of conduct of COPE and recommendations identified in Regulations for JEM (part IV - Prevention of Scientific Misconduct).
The submitted manuscript should be an original work prepared by the Author(s). Plagiarism in any form (e.g. direct, accidental, mosaic, or self plagiarism) is unacceptable. If the Author(s) has used the work, idea, concept, data, results etc. of others, it has been unequivocally indicated through the appropriate quotations, citations and references following the APA style of quotation.
We take plagiarism seriously. All submissions are checked for plagiarism. We use:
Dear Authors, please read more about plagiarism; some important issues of plagiarism you can find in the guidelines written by Miguel Roig.
Dear Reviewers, if you suspect plagiarism or self-plagiarism, please inform us immediately.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. The Editors as well as Reviewers mustn't show, discuss or cite papers considered for publication.
Conflict of Interest
To avoid a possible conflict of interest a Reviewer is not allowed to:
- work in the same organization as Author(s), e.g. university, research institute;
- have previously collaborated with the Author(s) on a manuscript;
- participate in the same research project, program, or any other research initiatives (including joint implementation of research grants) connected to the manuscript and its Author(s);and
- have any (e.g. professional, financial, or personal) connection to the manuscipt and its Author(s).
Dear Reviewer, the Editors who have asked you for the review may not know about the potential conflict of interest thus you have an obligation to inform us about it when responding to the editor's invitation for review.
Double Blind Review
The evaluation of the submitted papers is made at least by two independent and anonymous reviewers. The identities of the author(s) and referees are concealed during the review process.
Dear Authors, to facilitate the double blind review process, please ensure that information about you and your co-authors does not appear in the manuscript.
Dear Reviewers, to ensure the anonymity of the review process, please let us know if you have any suspicions regarding the identity of potential author(-s).
Ghostwriting and Guest Authorship
Authors are kindly requested to reveal the names and affiliations of any individuals and organizations who contributed to the paper, and the extent of their contribution (e.g. concepts, principles, methods, protocol, etc. used in the preparation of the manuscript). Authors are also required to provide information about the sources of funding (financial disclosure).
In order to meet the above requirements, it is recommended that submissions include a 'Acknowledgments' section.
Multiple or Concurrent Submissions
Papers submitted for review, published or accepted for publication elsewhere cannot be submitted to JEM.
Papers previously presented at conferences will be considered for publication provided they have been rewritten (at least 50% of the content) and no conference proceedings have been published.
Objectivity of the Editorial Board
All members of the Editorial Board should assess submitted manuscripts objectively based on their content, their compatibility with JEM’s aim and scope, as well as their compatibility with the applicable evaluation criteria without regard to gender, affiliation, academic degree or other attributes of the Author(s).
Any manuscript submitted to JEM must be treated in the same manner.
Following the rules provided by Regulations for JEM (part II - Organization of JEM Editorial Office):
- Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the content of JEM;
- Editorial Assistant is responsible for the organizational activities of the Editorial Team;
- Statistical Editor is responsible for examination of the manuscripts submitted to JEM in terms of the correct use of statistical methods;
- Editorial Board Members are responsible for the quality of JEM;
- Editorial Advisory Board Members are responsible for JEM's development and improvement;
- Reviewers are responsible for evaluating the manuscripts in a reliable and objective manner;
- Authors are obliged to observe the ethical standards for scientific publications.