The members of the Editorial Committee conduct a preliminary selection of the manuscripts with regard to their conformity with the SE profile as well as editorial and technical requirements. If the paper meets the criteria mentioned above, it will be subjected to a peer review process.
The Editorial Committee appoints two independent reviewers from outside the author's research unit. Fundamentals of the process of reviewing are following:
- the author and reviewers do not know their respective identities (the so-called double-blind review process),
- the review is written on the review form Download form,
- the review is positive, if none of the evaluated elements was rated as ‘insufficient’
The paper could be published after receiving two positive reviews.
In justified cases, the paper can be sent to the third review.
The Editorial Committee decides whether the paper will be published in a particular journal issue.
In connection with the current standards concerning the procedure protecting the originality of publication (the so-called ‘ghostwriting barriers’), established by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for scientific journals, the Editorial Team of the journal ‘Studia Ekonomiczne’ informs the authors about the following recommendations:
1. The authors of papers should disclose the contribution of specific authors in publication (including their affiliation and contribution, i.e. information on the author of the concept, assumptions, methods, protocol, etc. used for preparing the publication), whereby the main responsibility is borne by the author submitting the study.
2. The authors are required to provide information about the funding sources for the publication, contribution of scientific and research institutions, associations and other entities (the so-called ‘financial disclosure’).
Any discovered cases of scientific fraud, especially violation and infringement of the rules of ethics in science will be documented and disclosed, and the relevant entities (such as institutions employing the authors, scientific societies, science editors' associations, etc.) will be notified accordingly.
THE RULES FOR ACCEPTING, REVIEWING AND PUBLISHING ARTICLES IN ‘STUDIA EKONOMICZNE. ZESZYTY NAUKOWE UE W KATOWICACH’
1. The authors interested in publishing an article in Zeszyty Naukowe are obliged to prepare the text in accordance with the editorial requirements published on the website of the journal. The texts that do not comply with the requirements are rejected. Articles are published in Polish or the congress languages.
2. The volume of a single issue of ‘Studia Ekonomiczne’ should not be bigger than 1015 publisher’s sheets.
3. Particular issues of ‘Studia Ekonomiczne’ are prepared by the Scientific Editors.
4. The publishing procedure is launched on the basis of the minutes from the meeting of the Editorial Committee admitting the article for review.
5. The publishing procedure consists of the following stages:
- the Scientific Editor submits the Author’s Initiative (template 1) to the Secretary of the Editorial Committee of ‘Studia Ekonomiczne’ not later than 7 days before the planned date of the meeting, together with the paper and electronic version of the complete set of articles;
- the articles submitted together with the Initiative must be verified by the Scientific Editor in terms of compliance with the editorial requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in rejection of the article, or return of the Initiative to the Scientific Editor;
- the Editorial Committee considers the Initiative and selects the reviewers;
- the Secretary of the Editorial Committee hands over the Initiative and materials to the Publishing House of the University of Economics;
- the Publishing House of the University of Economics sends the materials for review;
- the Publishing House of the University of Economics hands over the obtained reviews to the Scientific Editor, who hands them over to the authors, in order to read the comments and make corrections (if required);
- in case of obtaining divergent assessments of the article, the Scientific Editor sends a letter with proposed further proceedings (template 2). The Editorial Committee (or Chairman of the Committee on its behalf) decides to accept the article, reject it, or send it for third review;
- the Scientific Editor gathers the documentation related to publication, i.e. reviews, authors’ responses to reviews, complete set of copyright agreements and the entire article after corrections;
- the Scientific Editor requests the Editorial Committee to approve the Initiative for printing (template 3);
- once the journal issue has been approved for printing, the Scientific Editor submits the final, unambiguous version on the article at the Publishing House (in paper and electronic form), including the table of contents.
6. Articles are subject to external assessment procedure. Reviewers from outside the Author’s affiliation are appointed to review each article. 1 domestic reviewer and 1 foreign reviewer are indicated by the Scientific Editor in case of articles written in foreign languages. The Editorial Team applies the principle of double-blind peer review (authors and reviewers do not know each other’s identity). Reviews are commissioned by the Publishing House of the University of Economics, which also handles any related formal issues. The list of reviewers is published once a year on the website of the journal.
7. Reviews are made in writing and end with a conclusion whether the article has been admitted, handed over for corrections or not admitted for publication. The reviews that are consistent in assessment shall be binding. In case of a dispute, the Editorial Committee may decide to accept the article, reject it or send for third review.
8. The articles accepted for printing are submitted at the Publishing House of the University of Economics. As part of the editing work, the Publishing House reserves the right to proofread, shorten or adjust the text and evaluate the illustrative material sent.
9. The authors of publications are required to disclose the contribution of specific co-authors to the publication. Any discovered cases of violation and infringement of the rules of ethics in science and forms of scientific misconduct, such as ghostwriting and guest authorship, will be disclosed and the relevant entities (such as institutions employing the authors, scientific societies, science editors' associations, etc.) will be notified accordingly.
10. In case of discovering fraud after publication, the relevant information will be published on the website, and the article will be retracted.