Information and adaptation meetings for candidates admitted to studies
We cordially invite you to watch the adaptation meeting for candidates admitted to full-time Bachelor's Degree Programs during which the most important information about the University and studying was presented. During the meeting, among others you will get information on foreign language classes and obligatory physical education (sports) and also, a short training course on remote study.
We're very glad to welcome you as our students at the University of Economics in Katowice. We’re looking forward to meeting you soon. In case of any question we strongly encourage you to contact the dean's office, both electronically or by phone. We will be more than happy to help you. At the moment we are working remotely.
We would like to provide some organisational information
Let's start with the most important one:
- each student should activate an account in the Virtual University system,
- information about the student ID fee is available in your individual account in the Virtual University system. Please use the bank account number provided in the Virtual University (tab "Student details / Finances"). Make sure you add the information “"fee for the student ID" in the transfer,
- information about the student’s group to which you have been assigned will appear in the Virtual University (tab "Student / Group data"),
- information about the language groups to which you have been assigned, based on the language questionnaires submitted during the recruitment process, will be displayed in the Virtual University (tab "Student / Group data),
- class schedules will be published in the Virtual University,
- please activate an account in the edu.uekat.pl domain (Google G Suite service - details - which will be used throughout the entire period of study to contact the university administration and teachers by e-mail. This account will also be necessary to log in to a number of university IT systems, including remote education, and ensures proper protection of the personal data of our students.
We invite you to building A (Bogucicka 3 Street):
- on September 27th, at 11 (all international students) - hall A
- on September 27th, at 9 (Polish students- FAB - Bachelor’s degree)
- on September 27th, at 10 ((Polish students - FAB, ARIMA, E-commerce - Master’s degree)
- on September 29th, at 11 (Polish students - International Business)
in order to sign the student's commitment, oath and collect the student ID (ID cards will not be issued to those who do not pay):
- we encourage you to read the content of the commitment for students and the regulations that apply to you:
- on October 1st, after signing the oath, you will become students of the University of Economics in Katowice,
- on this day it will be possible to purchase accident insurance offered by Ergo Hestia; the cost of insurance is PLN 70 per year (please, prepare the exact change, insurance must be paid in cash).
Please come to the meeting with your ID card and your own pen. Due to the sanitary standards and restrictions in force at the University of Economics in Katowice, it is necessary to arrive on time for the
meeting, and it is obligatory to cover the mouth and nose with a mask.