BUSINESS CASE CONTEXT
Your client is a large company that provides business services and cooperates with Poland and Europe-located contractors. You work with client’s process optimization department which is responsible not only for analysing processes that are pursued within the organization but also for implementing projects aimed at optimizing and automating various processes. Client gives you an assignment of optimizing he system of settlements’ monitoring with contractors.
Settlements with contractors are currently delivered to the organization by means of multiple means of communication (IT systems, cloud- based documentation, e-mails, fax, documents on paper). The team of several employees collects data and generates reports on the basis of the said documents. The entire process takes place according to the following scheme:
- The delivered documents are registered upon entry and transferred to individual employees responsible for particular documentation types.
- The documents undergo verification and necessary data are copied to spreadsheets (some parts are copied from the paper version or scans, the other ones- from files, e-mails, etc.).
- Following their analysis, all documents are stored in various forms, depending on document type.
- A group of analysis generates reports on the basis of data collected in spreadsheets which are then introduced into the database in the form of graphs and charts.
- Final reports are delivered to the Management via email in pdf form.
Difficulties identified in the process are as follows:
- A lot of manual work - registration, copying, processing...
- Different formats of input data - files, scans, e-mails, paper version.
- Mistakes resulting from manual data transfer from given documents to spreadsheets.
- Time-consuming compilation of data from various files (several people working on them simultaneously).
- A long time of the entire process - data delivered to the Management behind schedule.
- It is a common practice for the management to get back to analysts asking for additional data and even for specific documents with a view to obtaining a more in-depth analysis of data from the reports. Simultaneously, the waiting time for additional information extends decision-making processes.
The management expects you to standardize, optimize and automate the process which will make it possible to:
- Reduce the volume of administrative work,
- Obtain direct access to reports, preferably online with an option of immediate accessing the source data.
- Describe briefly a given problem and carry out a cost-and-effect analysis. Describe the process or use a flow chart to present the process in its initial state.
- Offer solutions optimizing the process.
CV with case solution should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting entries is October 20, 2019.