International business trips
From 1 September 2016, International Relations is responsible for handling all trips abroad realised within the University.
A person applying for permission for a business trip abroad should complete an appropriate form of a request for a trip abroad, which together with the attachments regarding the trip should be submitted to the International Relations at least 14 business days before the date of the first organizational activity relating to the trip, e.g. the date of sending the payment for participation, purchasing a plane ticket, collecting currency from the bank, etc.
Appendices to the request may be:
- an invitation from a foreign university, the offer / conference program, a short description of the research carried out, possibly additional correspondence with the organizers, and others;
- in the case of a conference abroad, the employee should present a confirmation of acceptance of the paper (if applicable). If there is no confirmation at the time of submitting the request, the employee is required to deliver it immediately upon receipt, at the latest at the moment of settlement of the trip;
- information regarding the amount of the conference fee and what it covers. Moreover, if the bank transfer of the fee is to be performed by employees of the unit, the following information regarding the fee is required: method and date of its settlement, bank account number (IBAN) and name and address of the institution being the holder of the bank account, as well as the name, address and SWIFT code of the bank;
- chosen flights in the case of plane travel;
- confirmation of the hotel booking with an indication of the cost of accommodation and other services included in the price of the accommodation – if applicable.
Complete trip documentation is submitted to the Vice-Rector for Education and Internationalization. When the request is approved, it is carried out (purchase of plane tickets, preparation of advance payment in PLN / foreign currency from the bank, transfer of participation fees, etc.).
After returning from a trip abroad, the traveling person is required to settle their trip within 14 business days from the date of return. For this purpose, such a person should report to the International Relations with a completed settlement form, which should be accompanied by an invoice(s) confirming costs (except for daily allowances and lump sums) as well as travel tickets and boarding passes (when traveling by plane).
Business trips abroad are carried out at the University on the basis of Regulation of the Minister of Labour and Social Policy of 29 January 2013 on the amounts due to an employee employed in a state or local government budgetary unit for a business trip.
The Rector may delegate people abroad for scientific, didactic and training purposes. Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 12 October 2006 on the conditions of referring persons abroad for scientific, didactic and training purposes, as well as their special rights
Cash payments and unpaid benefits received by an employee in connection with a trip abroad are subject to taxation and system of social security contributions.
Teaching and training trips as part of the Erasmus+ program are carried out in accordance with the relevant travel procedures.