Finance and Accounting for Business is a full-time Bachelor’s degree program delivered in English. Program will introduce you to the world of modern finance and accounting, known as the "language of business". The program has been designed for students who want to:
- discover the world of finance;
- get an insight into the decision-making processes for companies’ financing and investments;
- find out the role of accounting and its importance;
- learn to present and analyze information on the company’s financial and economic standing;
- learn to include the crucial factors for efficient financial management;
- refine their English skills.
Finance and Accounting for Business (FAB) is the perfect combination of knowledge in the field of corporate finance management and accounting! Studies in English will open your way to international contacts and relations, and a practical approach to the field of study will allow you to get a job during your studies in companies such as PwC, Capgemini, Accenture, etc.
Courses implicit in a study program have a form of lectures, classes, laboratories, seminars. We also offer language classes and sport activities. The form of course and number of teaching hours depend on learning outcomes necessary to achieve by students. During classes multimedia techniques as well as proper IT tools are used (MS Access with the basics of SQL, Visual Basic for Applications). Majority of courses use numerical examples and case studies to present practical attempt to analyzed problems. Also group discussion, team building exercises, group work, and student presentations are as a didactic methods are used.
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the ar
- corporate finance;
- finance for public sector;
- global finance;
- financial institutions;
- financial accounting;
- financial reporting and analysis;
- tax planning;
- ICT for finance and accounting;
- capital budgeting & project appraisal;
- financing decisions and equity capital market;
- financial management in terms of CSR concept;
- risk management;
- financial modelling for business decision making.
Courses are delivered by well qualified staff with scientific, didactic and business experience. Polish lecturers are experienced in teaching in international context thanks to participation in exchange programs, conferences, projects. We also invite teachers from partners universities located abroad to conduct part of individual courses, e.g. Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin, University of South Wales, University of Bari, University of Verona, United Arab Emirates, North Carolina State University, Universita Catolica del Sacro Cuore, Alfred Nobel University Dnipropetrovsk, and more.
Accreditations and Internships
Fields of study Finance and Accounting has an accreditation of Polish Accreditation Commission till 2020.
Students of Finance and Accounting for Business must do obligatory internship after fourth semester (during holiday period). Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni supports students in process of finding appropriate company or institution. It is also possible to do internship abroad, International Relation can deliver necessary information about available companies.
Infrastructure and location
The university's extensive infrastructure is at your disposal: modern libraries, multimedia rooms, swimming pool, gym, relaxation zones, free parking lots and Wi-Fi. If you cannot visit us now - take a virtual walk around the campus. The campus is located in the city of Katowice, the capital of the Silesian Voivodeship and the heart of Metropolis inhabited by over 2 million people. Katowice is a city of dynamic transformations, open to changes, attracting young people who associate their future with Poland. It is a great place to study, live, work and spend free time.
The special structure of the academic year of International Business programs allows for a mobility window. Therefore the students have a chance to study or have an internship abroad with the support of Erasmus+ scholarship at over 300 partner universities and companies all over the world. FAB students most often go to the Spain, Portugal, Croatia.
Competences after graduation
A graduate has knowledge and skills in the fields of:
- collecting financial data;
- preparation of financial reports and their analysis;
- calculating of taxes concerning business entity;
- using relevant information to make entity’s financial decisions;
- decisions connected with investments in financial markets;
- implementing IT tools to record and analyze financial information;
- decisions in applying the company’s competitive strategy;
- using specialized English.
Job opportunities after graduation
After graduation, it is possible to work as a member of a team deal with:
- corporate finance;
- book – keeping, financial accounting and reporting;
- business and financial analysis.
Examples of institutions and companies in which students can work after graduation:
- business entities;
- business servicers;
- institutions of public sector;
- banks and other financial institution.
Language skills enable graduates to work in international teams, companies, institutions.
As a FAB graduate, you will find a satisfying job in the areas of finance and accounting of the largest international companies. Finance and Accounting for Business graduates work, among others, for PwC, Capgemini, Accenture or ING, and they can start working during their studies in branches of companies located in Katowice.
What can I study next
After completing Bachelor’s Degree studies, you can:
- continue education at the Finance and Accounting for International Business,
- choose a specialization Quantitative Asset and Risk Management,
- continue education at the another english programme on the University of Economics in Katowice.
Prepare your recent passport photograph see requirements.
Upload the documents to your application.
Don't forget to click the SUBMIT button!
- Pay the application fee in the amount of PLN 85 (approx. EUR 21)
(the bank account number is available in the application system);
- Upload the payment confirmation into your account
(in the section where you uploaded all your documents);
- When the payment will be noted on the University's bank account, your application will be furtherly processed and verified.
After positive verification of your application, you will receive a payment notification for the first semester tuition fee. When we confirm the transfer, we will issue the acceptance letter, which can be used for your visa application.
Apply for a visa in a Polish consulate. You can start the process not sooner than three months before your planned arrival in Poland. Remember to take all of your documents to be legalized by a Polish consul.
Come to Poland before the start of the semester. Visit the Admissions and bring all of the original documents with you.
To enroll in the study program in Poland, you must have valid health insurance (a medical travel insurance whose coverage amounts to not less than EUR 30,000, and covering all expenses that may arise in connection with the need to return for medical reasons, a medical emergency, urgent hospitalisation or death, or medical insurance within the meaning of Polish regulations on health care benefits financed out of public funds).
- Application fee 85 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for Polish, holders of Polish Card, EU students and others 1700 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for foreign students (non-EU students) 5000 PLN.
Do you have a question about the application process? Ask our specialist from the Admissions Office:
Building: CNTI; room. 2/17