Composition of the University Council in the 2021-202 term
Representatives of the socio-economic environment
- Ryszard Wojtkowski (Head) - entrepreneur and investor with experience in public service and global corporations (e.g. President of Novartis Consumer Health International and Managing Director at The Carlyle Group). At present, he is a president of the Resource Partners fund, member of the Council of the Civic Development Foundation and member of the Experts’ Collegial Group of the Strategies 2050 Institute.
- Radosław Miśkiewicz, Ph.D. - Chairman of the Board of Luma Holding, founder of Luma Metallurgical Industry Fund. He is a business leader with over 20 years of industry experience and an expert in knowledge transfer and digitalization of industrial process based on Industry 4.0. Radosław Miśkiewicz is also a member of numerous Scientific Councils and Associations as well as Supervisory Boards of internationally operating companies. He is a manager with extensive experience in the management of large companies and the initiator of many research and development projects integrating the potential of science and business.
- Arkadiusz Zapiór - advocate with 30 years of experience, as well as a partner and one of the founders of Ślązak, Zapiór i Wspólnicy Kancelaria Adwokatów i Radców Prawnych [Eng. Ślązak, Zapiór and Partners, advocates and legal counsel]. He is a specialist in court and out-of-court proceedings concerning economic crime and a long-time coordinator of legal services for leaders of the financial and logistics industry. In 2016-2019 he was a member of the Convention of the University of Economics in Katowice. He was awarded with the Badge of Honor for Services to the Silesian Voivodeship. In 2019 Arkadiusz Zapiór was honored with the Cross of Freedom and Solidarity presented by the President of the Republic of Poland and the badge "Adwokatura Zasłużonym” [badge for meritorious advocates] conferred by the Presidium of the Supreme Bar Council.
- Prof. Janina Harasim, Ph.D. - Head of the Department of Banking and Financial Markets, Chair of the Editorial Committee, member of the Senate Committee for Science, Doctoral School Council, Scientific Committee for Economics and Finance, CINiBA Council and Committee on Financial Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences. In 2012-2016 she served as the Vice-Rector for Science, Research and Academic Staff Development at the University of Economics in Katowice. Janina Harasim is also a member of the Supervisory Board and Audit Committee of Pekao Bank Hipoteczny S.A. Her research interests include innovation in the retail payments market and, more recently, digitalization in the financial sector, including the FinTech sector. In 2016, she was awarded the Nicolaus Copernicus Medal by the Polish Bank Association.
- Prof. Krzysztof Kania, Ph.D. - Head of the Department of Knowledge Engineering. His scientific interests include application of IT and artificial intelligence methods in management, as well as improvement of business processes in organizations using IT. His practical experience includes, among others, participation in implementation projects and management of units dealing with management planning and controlling.
- Marcin Baron, Ph.D. - employee of the Department of Strategic and Regional Studies, who specializes in innovation and regional policy. His main field of interest is application of strategic management tools. He has extensive implementation experience as a consultant, advisor to public authorities and member of supervisory boards of technology companies. Marcin Baron is a member of the Scientific Council of the International Society for Professional Innovation Management, as well as former grantee of the Batory Foundation in Oxford and attendee of the of the International Management Teachers Academy in Bled. At the University he coordinates the work of the team responsible for obtaining AACSB accreditation.
Head of the Student Parliament
- Justyna Gołąbek