Regulations on the Alumni Card of the University of Economics in Katowice
- The Alumni Card, hereinafter referred to as the Card , is a personalized electronic identification card issued by the University of Economics in Katowice.
- Persons eligible for the Card are graduates of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cycle of studies, uniform Master's studies or postgraduate studies, MBA and the staff at the University of Economics in Katowice, hereinafter referred to as the Card holder.
- The Card is the property of the person who received the card on the terms set out in these Regulations.
- The Card can be used to:
a) identify the Card holder,
b) access discounts on the University's educational offer and other card functionalities - as the system develops, including services or discounts offered by partners supporting the University's alumni (hereinafter referred to as the Partners).
- The University reserves the right to exchange or cancel cards for technical, organizational or other reasons. In such a case, the Card holders will be notified by email at the address provided in the card application.
RULES FOR ISSUING THE ALUMNI CARD
- The card is issued at the request of the person referred to in § 1 point 2, following his or her acceptance of the provisions listed in these Regulations.
- The card application is available in electronic form on the University's website in the Alumni Card tab, hereinafter referred to as the Card page.
- The following information is placed on the card: a) name of the alumnus, b) number.
- The Card shall be collected in person or by his/her representative (based on a letter of authorisation, a template of which is attached as Annex 1 to these Regulations) from the Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni within 30 days from the date of receipt of the notification about the card being ready to be collected sent to the e-mail address. Upon receipt of the Card, the Card holder or their representative confirms the acceptance of the provisions of these Regulations.
- The alumi may send an e-mail request to the e-mail address: email@example.com to have the Card sent to the address indicated in the application. In such a case, the Alumnus is obliged to pay to the University's account a fee in the amount set by the Rector. The amount of the fee and the account number of the University are published on the Card page.
RULES FOR USING THE ALUMNI CARD
- The card should be used in accordance with its intended purpose.
- The Card holder is responsible for all activities carried out with the use of the Card.
- The list of current card functionalities can be found on the Card page.
- Changes in the functionality of the Card will be immediately published on the Card page.
- Before using the offered functionality, the Card holder should make sure that the Partner still accepts the Card.
- The Partner's representative has the right to request that the person attempting to use the Card to take advantage of discounts or services show the Card and an ID card of the Card holder. In the event of refusal to show the Card and / or an ID card, the Partner's representative may refuse to provide the service or grant a discount.
- If the Partner does not accept the Card, despite meeting the conditions referred to in point 6, the Card holder should report the situation to the Bureau for Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Card holder is obliged to store the card using due care, take precautionary measures necessary to prevent a loss, theft or destruction of the Card (e.g. as a result of scratching, bending or breaking), as well as exposure to high temperatures and strong magnetic fields.
- In the event of damage, destruction, loss or theft of the card, the Card holder shall immediately inform the Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni at the e-mail address: email@example.com
- Reports of any problems related to the Card malfunctioning should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Card holder may at any time cease to use the Card by submitting a written resignation. The Card should be returned to the Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni.
RULES AND MODE FOR REPLACING THE ALUMNI CARD
- The Card holder may apply for a duplicate card in the event of: a) damage, destruction or loss, b) damage not attributable to the Card holder (delamination, chip damage).
- If the personal data on the Card changes, the Card holder may apply for a new Card. The Card holder shall be liable to pay a fee as for issuing a duplicate card.
- When issuing a duplicate Card in the event of damage, destruction or loss, the same procedure applies.
- The issue of a duplicate card carries a fee. The fee is set by the Rector's ordinance.
- In the event of damage to the card not attributable to the holder (e.g. delamination, chip damage), the exchange of the Card is free of charge.
- If a Card is found, it should be immediately forwarded to the Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni.
- Personal data of Card holders are collected in a database maintained by the Cooperation with Corporate Partners and University Alumni.
- The University is the controller of the personal data of the Card holders within the meaning of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (hereinafter the "Act on the Protection of Personal Data").
- The University will attempt to resolve any disputes arising from these Regulations amicably, through negotiations.
- Any amendments to these Regulations shall be made using the same procedure as applicable to their introduction.
- The Regulations come into force on the day of signing the Rector's ordinance.