About the College
The College of Informatics and Communication started operating on 1 October 2019 (Order of the Rector no. 102/19). It continues the traditions of the Faculty of Informatics and Communication, which was established on 29 January 2009 and operated until 30 September 2019.
The College is made up of teaching and research workers employed in 8 departments.
The mission is to develop and promote knowledge through research, education and implementations related to:
- the application of modern IT technologies and decision-making methods which support organization management;
- communication, in particular economic journalism, with the use of new media and technologies;
- modern organization management based on knowledge and a rational use of modern knowledge processing technologies and communication within the organization and with its environment.
The employees who carry out the mission of the College of Informatics and Communication educate graduates who stand out due to their high level of professionalism and professional ethics, thanks to which they can face the challenges of tomorrow in a society and economy of knowledge in inclusive Europe and a globalizing world.
A team of employees who have knowledge in the field of economics, informatics and humanities, recognizable in the European research and education community.
The College conducts research and educates students in interdisciplinary areas:
- Informatics (in particular machine learning, data analytics, artificial intelligence and digital communication).
- Social communication and the media (in particular economic journalism, new media and marketing communication).
- Management and quality studies (operational research, in particular business informatics and marketing) and economics.
The employees of the College participate in projects co-financed by the European Union, National Science Centre (NCN) and university grants.
The employees of the College conduct classes mainly for the students of:
- Journalism and Social Communication;
- Informatics and Econometrics.
The College also offers 10 post-graduate study programs.