If you are planning to come to Poland by car we recommend using the following website for driving directions. Once you reach Katowice you should contact your mentor.
Polish road regulations:
- Traffic is right-hand;
- Speed limits: 50 km/hour in built-up areas from 5 AM to 11 PM and 60 km/hour from 11 PM to 5 AM, 90 km/hour outside built-up areas, 120 km/hour on dual carriageways and 140 km/hour on motorways;
- Permitted blood alcohol level is 0.2 per cent;
- Dipped headlights must be used all day, all year round;
- Foreign drivers can use their national driving licence or an international driving licence for up to six months after entering Poland;
- Seatbelts must be worn by both front seat and back seat passengers;
- It is prohibited to use hand-held mobiles while driving.