Erasmus Staff Training Week
"Soft Skills in the International Setting"
The Erasmus Staff Training Week "Soft Skills in the International Setting" is intended primarily for staff involved with international issues at their home universities. It gives a unique opportunity to find out more about the University of Economics in Katowice and to benchmark and share best practices with colleagues from other institutions.
The Erasmus Staff Training Week "Soft Skills in the International Setting" has been organised by the University of Economics in Katowice annually since 2013. The programme of the previous editions included a mixture of training sessions, presentations from the University staff and best practice presentations from participants. There were also cultural activities and opportunities to visit attractive places in the region (e.g. Guido Coal Mine, Kraków, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Tyskie Brewery, Nikiszowiec, Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, Auschwitz-Birkenau). Topics of the past training courses included:
- Communication strategies for intercultural differences at work
- How to prevent and manage job burnout effectively
- Successful communication with students
- Presentation skills and public speaking
- Diplomatic protocol and etiquette
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Assertiveness - how to communicate accurately and effectively
- Efficient team building