Emergency financial aid - required documents
- Application for a hardship benefit
- Documents proving the family income.
- Documents required in the event of:
- the death of a family member – death certificate
- a serious illness of the student or his/her family member – medical certificates with reference to the medicines taken, copies of prescriptions, receipts or invoices for the purchase of medicines,
- a natural disaster – certificate issued by a relevant entity proving that the event occurred.
NOTE!!! A person applying for the granting of a hardship benefit shall submit the necessary original documents or the authenticated copies thereof. A copy of the document may be authenticated by the Dean’s Office employee, notary public or issuing institution.
Rector's scholarship - required documents
List of documents confirming achievements:
- authors or co‑authors of scientific books or reviewed scientific publication: copy (original for inspection) of pages with the article (publication), name of the author, date of issue, ISBN or ISSN number (if any), name of the reviewer or certificate of the publisher of the book (publication);
- taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award in a scientific competition: diploma, certificate issued by the organizer of the competition, date of the competition and the place taken;
- giving a speech or presenting a paper written independently or in cooperation with another author at a national or international conference: certificate issued by the organizer or a diploma confirming participation in the conference with a paper written independently or in cooperation with another author, name of the paper, and date and place of the conference;
- scientific research, which is a part of activities of a student research‑interest group or student organization: certificate issued by the supervisor of the research‑interest group or the head of the organization confirming the research activities and a report specifying the type, topic and scope of the research;
- taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award for the thesis: certificate/diploma issued by the organizer to confirm taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award and the date of the competition;
- organizing conferences or debates as a part of activities of a student research‑interest group or student organization: certificate issued by the supervisor of the research‑interest group or the head of the organization confirming conferences or debates organized by the student;
- participating in EU research projects: certificate issued by the project coordinator specifying the topics of the project and confirming their research involvement;
- research and education‑oriented programs: opinion of the tutor or the research supervisor;
- artistic accomplishments: certificate confirming taking first, second or third place in an artistic competition and specifying the level of the competition (international, national regional) and the date of the competition;
- winning medals and taking fourth, fifth or sixth place in sports activities referred to in (6): certificate issued by the Students’ Sport Association of the University, confirmed by the head of the Physical Education and Sports Center;
- winning medals or participating in Olympic Games or Championships, which may not be confirmed with a certificate issued by the head of the Physical Education and Sports Center: certificate issued by a Polish Association for a given sports discipline and a diploma specifying the exact date of the competition (day, month, year). If no diploma is provided, the final announcement of the results and the website whereon the results were published shall be provided;
- winning international school contests, or winning or becoming a finalist of national-level school contests: certificate confirming the accomplishment.
Rector's scholarship for doctoral students (prior to 2019/2020 intake) - required documents
- Application for awarding the rector’s scholarship for participants of doctoral programs, who started the doctoral programs before the academic year 2019/2020
- Scientifiic conferences: certificate of the organizer regarding participation in a scientific conference, taking into account the form of participation, date, place of the conference and title of the conference as well as the conference program and abstract of the presentation
- Scientific achievements:
- if a participant of the doctoral programme is a manager: a copy of the parties to the agreement (in the case of project implementation) with the manager’s name visible;
- in the case where a participant of the doctoral program is a performer – confirmation of the project manager with the percentage involvement in project implementation;
- certificate from the Bureau for Scientific Research and Projects
- Progress in doctoral thesis: an opinion on the progress in the preparation of the doctoral thesis, including the percentage progress of the doctoral thesis
Disability scholarship - required documents
- Application for a special grant for persons with disabilities
- A photocopy of a certificate (original to be produced)
Need-based scholarship - required documents
- certificates and statements confirming the amount of family income (also if the income of family members and student amounts to zero), including respectively:
- certificates regarding all adult family members from the competent tax office regarding the amount of income (a certificate including income, due tax and social insurance contribution), or on the lack of income or on the lack of settling with the Tax Office for the last accounting year, if such income is subject to personal income tax on the principles set out in Articles 27, 30b, 30c, 30e and 30f of the Act of July 26, 1991 on personal income tax obtained in the calendar year preceding the benefit period, or a certificate of failure to be included in personal income tax records on the principles set out in Articles 27, 30b, 30c, 30e and 30f of the Act of July 26, 1991 on personal income tax obtained in the calendar year preceding the benefit period,
- statements of all adult family members regarding untaxed income obtained in the calendar year preceding the academic year, i.e. Appendix No 1a to the rules and regulations on determining the amount, awarding and paying benefits for students in accordance with the instructions included in the form of Appendix No 1a. If there is income, the amount of such income must be confirmed by certificates or other evidence,
- a certificate containing information on the amount of health insurance contributions in the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- a document providing information on the number of months when income was obtained in the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- if the income per person in the student’s family does not exceed the amount referred to in Article 8(1)(2) of the Act of March 12, 2004 on social assistance, a certificate from the relevant social assistance center regarding the income and property situation of the student and their family must be provided.
AND ADDITIONALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- conduct business activity pursuant to the provisions on flat-rate income tax on certain revenues generated by natural persons or in the form of a fixed amount tax
- certificates from the tax office regarding the value of tax paid if the tax is paid as a fixed amount tax in the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- a certificate from the tax office specifying: the annual value of revenues and the percentage tax rate in the case of tax paid in the form of a tax on registered revenues without deductible costs in the calendar year preceding the academic year.
- run a farm
- a certificate of the competent commune authority regarding the size of the farm expressed in comparative fiscal hectares of the total area in the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- a lease agreement, if a part or whole farm owned by the family is leased, if a farm is brought into use by an agricultural production cooperative or in connection with the receipt of a structural pension.
- pay or receive maintenance
- a court judgment or court settlement requiring family members to receive or pay maintenance to a person in the family or from outside the family, and a bailiff’s certificate regarding the enforcement of maintenance,
- a certificate from the competent authority regarding the amount of the maintenance fund received in the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- money orders or money transfers documenting the amount of maintenance paid to people outside the family in the calendar year preceding the academic year.
- declare loss or obtaining the income
- a document specifying the date of loss of income (e.g. a work certificate, decision on deregistering a business activity), and a document confirming the amount of lost income, e.g. a PIT tax return relevant to the achieved income for the base year, or a certificate,
- employment agreement / contract of mandate / and a document specifying the amount of net income obtained by the student or a family member of the student, if the income was obtained after the calendar year preceding the academic year,
- a statement (Appendix No 1b to the Rules and Regulations on determining the amount, awarding and paying benefits for students of the University of Economics in Katowice) on the income obtained for persons conducting a business activity on general principles or on the income obtained for persons conducting a business activity on the basis of a flat-rate income tax or a fixed amount tax.
- are unemployed (applies to part-time students and unemployed student family members)
- certificate from the job agency (or a statement of a student or a student’s family member) confirming the fact that the student does not work and is entitled or is not entitled to the unemployment benefit, provided that they are students of part-time programs, and of unemployed student family members both in the case of full-time and part-time students.
- have siblings or their own children
- an abridged copy of the birth certificate of the child or a full copy of the birth certificate if the child’s father is unknown, regarding siblings or children up to the age of 7,
- a certificate of attendance to the school or university of the applicant’s siblings or children up to the age of 26,
- court information regarding the pending proceedings in the matter of adoption of a child, in the case of a person who is actually looking after the child who has applied for adoption of that child,
- a copy of a final family court judgment confirming the adoption of a child,
- a certificate on the disability degree if a disabled child is brought up in the family regardless of the age,
- a death certificate of a dead family member,
- a marriage certificate,
- in special cases, a full copy of the birth certificate of the student / student’s siblings / student’s child...
- a copy of a final judgment on divorce or legal separation.
If the circumstances of the case affecting the decision to grant a social scholarship require the delivery of a document other than those listed hereinabove, the Scholarship Committee may request such a document.
NOTE!!! A person applying for a need-based scholarship submits the necessary original documents or certified copies thereof. A copy of the document may be certified by an employee of the Dean’s Office, civil law notary public or the institution that issued the document.