E-commerce is an area of business activity that is still gaining importance as it is a potential source of revenue for both Internet businesses and those that treat e-commerce as an additional product distribution channel.
The aim of the studies is to provide students with knowledge and skills in the field of conducting commercial activities on the Internet and the use of social media in line with the expectations of enterprises in the era of electronic economy. Students will also acquire knowledge about the conditions, ways and principles of conducting business activities on domestic and international markets.
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the areas of:
- models of using the Internet in commercial and promotional activities of enterprises in a multicultural environment,
- management of e-commerce and social media projects and their efficient and effective implementation,
- creating IT solutions for e-commerce,
- financing of e-commerce projects,
- analyzing data for e-commerce purposes,
- consumer involvement in shaping electronic sales channels,
- preparing promotional campaigns using Google Ads (preparation for Google AdWords certification),
- measuring the effectiveness of e-commerce activities using Google Analytics,
- conducting promotional activities in social media,
- knowledge of legal and financial aspects in virtual space.
The E-commerce study programme is taught in English. It is also distinguished by a practical approach to the content taught, which allows candidates to become familiar with the requirements for graduates in the labor market at this stage of education. Students ending the course have the skills to use the acquired knowledge in practice.
This study programme is an innovative course combining the traditional approach to the field with modern methods of knowledge transfer. The entire programme of studies is designed so that the student will gain complete knowledge and skills that will allow for a smooth transition from the stage of learning directly to the path of a career perspective.
A graduate of E-Commerce has knowledge and skills in the field of:
- functioning of the e-commerce system,
- management of e-commerce projects, as well as the principles and sources of their financing and settlement,
- e-commerce techniques and organization (knowledge of on-line sales and making cross-border payments),
- logistics aspects of purchase and sale of products in diversified sales channels,
- legal issues, including data protection in e-commerce,
- entrepreneurship and innovation in e-commerce,
- analysis of data for the purposes of e-commerce analysis in Google Analytics, Qlik, SPSS, Business Intelligence systems, Data Science issues,
- using Internet technologies in e-commerce,
- multi-channel communication and distribution in e-commerce (omnichannel),
- using social media in promotion, advertising and creating the company's image and planning marketing campaigns in Google Ads,
- creating online stores,
- consumer rights and corporate social responsibility.
After graduation, it is possible to work as:
- e-commerce specialist,
- e-commerce project coordinator,
- an internet marketing specialist,
- administrator of e-commerce platforms,
- e-commerce analyst,
- expert and consultant in the electronic business sector (IT industry, e-commerce),
The graduate will be able to take up jobs in various companies operating on domestic and international markets.
Examples of institutions and companies in which students can work after graduation:
- advertising and PR agencies,
- public opinion and market research centers,
- traditional and electronic media,
- interactive agencies,
- public relations and advertising agencies,
- e-commerce departments of large enterprises,
- enterprises trading via the Internet and electronic tools,
- enterprises involved in the design and implementation of e-commerce solutions
- own company with an e-commerce profile or using e-commerce solutions.
Teaching methods and scientific staff
Classes are conducted in the form of lectures, interactive workshops and e-learning classes in English. Qualified staff are mostly practitioners who are perfectly familiar with e-commerce issues and current trends in this field. In working with students, they focus on transferring practical applications, analyzing case studies and providing practical skills that allow them to take up work effectively during their studies. Classes are also taught by foreign lecturers who will share their knowledge and experience in the field of e-commerce with the students.
- The first edition of the studies is free of charge.
- The E-Commerce study programme gives the student the knowledge and a whole range of skills necessary to conduct market research and information processing for e-commerce needs, development and implementation of solutions related to on-line marketing and preparation, implementation and management of an online store and developing an e-store entry strategy for domestic and foreign markets.
- The graduate's skills will also be related to the use of the latest applications for e-commerce.
- The graduate will have the skills necessary to manage relationships with clients.
- The graduate's skills will allow to conduct e-commerce in an international and multicultural environment.
- The graduate will be distinguished by having the competence to undertake projects in an international e-commerce environment using the latest methods, techniques and tools.
- Conducting classes in English and using the experience of foreign lecturers will enable the graduate to be equipped with comprehensive knowledge, skills and competencies in line with international business standards confirmed by appropriate certificates.