The main activities implemented under the project are:
- establishment of an International Center of Research Excellence,
- conducting four research tasks concerning green transformation,
- organization of workshops and mentoring sessions aimed at the improvement of the research competence of the academic staff,
- staff and student exchange in connection with the conducted research,
- dissemination of the results of the conducted research through the preparation of publications and organization of conferences.
ExCORE will be implemented within the framework of the "Strategic Partnerships" program run by NAWA, and the launching of Center of Research Excellence will serve as a model for subsequent initiatives of this kind - fulfilling the goals set in the University’s Strategic Plan for years 2021-2025.
The project was initiated by Prof. Monika Wieczorek-Kosmala, PhD, who is also its manager. The ExCORE project team members also include Prof. Tomasz Ingram, PhD, Marcin Baron, PhD, and Maria Kocot, PhD. Support is provided by the Internationalization Office.
This initiative is implemented through strategic partnerships with the following international universities: University of Bari Aldo Moro (Italy), University of Verona (Italy), VBS-Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic) and Technical University of Kosice (Slovakia). As an external partner, the University of Essex (UK) will provide support for the project activities as well.
Project duration: July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024.
The total value of the project is PLN 544,450.21 and is funded by NAWA under the "Strategic Partnerships" program.