The main purpose of the partnership is to:
- develop an international network and teams of researchers,
- increase internationalisation and mobility of young researchers (MA/MSc students, PhD candidates, post-docs),
- enhance the collaboration of young researchers in a digital/blended environment.
Call for project participants: see the attached file at the bottom of this page.
ExCORE is coordinated by the University of Economics in Katowice (Poland), and the funding is provided by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA). This initiative is implemented through strategic partnerships with the following international universities:
- University of Bari Aldo Moro (Italy)
- University of Verona (Italy)
- VBS-Technical University of Ostrava (Czechia)
- Technical University of Kosice (Slovakia).
As an external partner, the University of Essex (UK) will provide support for the project activities as well.
The main activities implemented under the project are:
- conducting four small-scale research projects concerning the green transition of coal regions,
- organization of workshops and mentoring sessions aimed at the improvement of the research competences of the academic staff (young researchers),
- exchange of young researchers,
- dissemination of the research results through publications and conferences.
- establishing the International Center of Research Excellence as a long-lasting platform for the project stakeholders.
The total value of the project is PLN 544,450.21 - funded by NAWA (Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange) under the Strategic Partnerships Programme; Project No. BPI/PST/2021/1/00007.