Finance and Accounting for Business is a full-time Master’s degree program delivered in English. The aim of the specialization is to transfer in-depth knowledge, skills and competences in the field of finance and accounting supporting business activity in an international environment.
The specialization aims in particular at providing practical aspects of contemporary international finance and business processes and problems. The program includes a 1 month compulsory internship in Polish or foreign company during the last semester.
FAIB allows you to improve your English language skills, which will undoubtedly strengthen your position on the domestic and international labor market. Modern teaching techniques and close contact with the lecturers will allow you to expand your knowledge of finance with an international aspect in a friendly atmosphere.
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the areas of:
- strategic financial management;
- financial risk management;
- international finance;
- financial reporting and auditing from international perspective;
- strategic management and international marketing;
- international human resources management;
- corporate tax management;
- legal basis for the functioning of enterprises on the international market;
- IT tools necessary for effective analysis of financial data;
- methodology of conducting economic and financial analyzes.
The teaching methods are in general oriented towards the inclusion of students into the didactic process. The methods most widely used are especially the following: case studies, group discussion, team building exercises, group work, and student presentations. The active lectures using multimedia – as more classical teaching methods – are also the obvious choice for some teaching in chosen subjects. Teachers aim to facilitate students’ activities, which suit the philosophy of graduate learning. The problem-based teaching and studying approach challenges students to develop the ability to think critically.
The teaching staff has domestic and international scientific achievements (implemented research projects, participation in international conferences, publications in English language) and high didactic competences (teaching abroad, cooperation with foreign universities). Some of the teachers have also practical experience in business and financial sector.
Accreditations and Internships
Fields of study Finance and accounting has an accreditation of Polish Accreditation Commission till 2020.
The program include a 1 month compulsory internship in Polish or foreign company during the last semester. The companies in which the students have completed their internships:
- Allianz Technology SE (Germany);
- EprojectConsult (Italy);
- ING Solution Investment Managment (Luxemburg);
- Arcelormittal Business Center of Excellence Poland (Poland);
- Capgemini (Poland);
- PWC Services Delivery center Poland Sp. z o. o. (Poland);
- Agata S.A. (Poland);
- UHY ECA Audit Sp. z o.o. Sp. k. (Poland);
- Paccor Polska Sp. z o.o. (Poland);
- Firma Usługowa AGA Agnieszka Kasińska (Poland);
- Kancelaria Rachunkowość Podatki Ewa Domagała (Poland);
- BG Bogdan Goliński (Poland);
- Biuro Rachunkowe E-Biuro - Edyta Smolik (Poland);
- PTA Audyt Sp. z o.o. (Poland);
- P.P.U.H. TREX-HAL Sp. z o.o. (Poland);
- Cyclad Sp. z o.o. (Poland).
Infrastructure and location
The university's extensive infrastructure is at your disposal: modern libraries, multimedia rooms, swimming pool, gym, relaxation zones, free parking lots and Wi-Fi. If you cannot visit us now - take a virtual walk around the campus. The campus is located in the city of Katowice, the capital of the Silesian Voivodeship and the heart of Metropolis inhabited by over 2 million people. Katowice is a city of dynamic transformations, open to changes, attracting young people who associate their future with Poland. It is a great place to study, live, work and spend free time.
Students have a chance to study or have an internship abroad with the support of Erasmus+ scholarship at over 300 partner universities and companies all over the world.
Competences after graduation
A graduate has knowledge and skills in the fields of:
- strategic management of the company's finances;
- economic and legal basis for the functioning of enterprises on the international market;
- strategic management, marketing and human resources management;
- financial risk assessment and management;
- financial reporting and auditing;
- consolidation of financial statements;
- methodology of conducting economic and financial analyzes;
- taxes in international terms;
- IT tools use for effective analysis of financial data;
- team-building, teamwork, assignments and projects;
- general English and ESP language skills in economics, finance and business.
Job opportunities after graduation
After graduation, it is possible to work as:
- middle- and top-level manager;
- financial analyst;
- budget analyst;
- financial advisor;
- management consultant;
- independent entrepreneur and business owner.
Examples of institutions and companies in which students can work after graduation:
- domestic and international non-financial corporations;
- domestic and international financial institutions (including banks, insurance companies, investment funds);
- tax and accountancy offices;
- consulting companies;
- central and local governmental entities.
After what studies you can join us
The candidates to the FAIB Program are required to have a Bachelor degree and good knowledge of English (at least B2). We invite all those who are interested in finance and accounting and want to gain valuable experience.
Prepare your recent passport photograph see requirements.
Upload the documents to your application.
Don't forget to click the SUBMIT button!
- Pay the application fee in the amount of PLN 85 (approx. EUR 21)
(the bank account number is available in the application system);
- Upload the payment confirmation into your account
(in the section where you uploaded all your documents);
- When the payment will be noted on the University's bank account, your application will be furtherly processed and verified.
After positive verification of your application, you will receive a payment notification for the first semester tuition fee. When we confirm the transfer, we will issue the acceptance letter, which can be used for your visa application.
Apply for a visa in a Polish consulate. You can start the process not sooner than three months before your planned arrival in Poland. Remember to take all of your documents to be legalized by a Polish consul.
Come to Poland before the start of the semester. Visit the Admissions and bring all of the original documents with you.
To enroll in the study program in Poland, you must have valid health insurance (a medical travel insurance whose coverage amounts to not less than EUR 30,000, and covering all expenses that may arise in connection with the need to return for medical reasons, a medical emergency, urgent hospitalisation or death, or medical insurance within the meaning of Polish regulations on health care benefits financed out of public funds).
- Application fee 85 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for Polish, holders of Polish Card, EU students and others 1300 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for foreign students (non-EU students) 5000 PLN.
Do you have a question about the application process? Ask our specialist from the Admissions Office:
Building: CNTI; room. 2/17