The care allowance is payable to an insured person during a period of leave resulting from the necessity to take personal care of:
- a healthy child under 8 years of age in cases of:
- unforeseen closure of a crèche, nursery school or infant/primary school, and a children’s club,
- childbirth or illness of the insured person’s spouse or parent who provides the child’s constant care, if the confinement or illness prevents this parent from exercising due care,
- the admittance of this parent to hospital,
- illness of the nanny with whom parents have signed an activating agreement or the child’s daily caregiver;
- a sick child under 14 years of age;
- other sick member of the family.
The care allowance is payable for a period of:
- no longer than 60 days in a calendar year – in the case of the care of a healthy child under 8 years of age or a sick child under 14 years of age;
- not more than 14 days in a calendar year – in the case of the care of a sick child aged more than 14 years or another sick member of the family.
The total allowance period in respect of the care of children and other family members may not exceed 60 days in a calendar year.
For more information go to ZUS website