In regard with the announcement of the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Science and Higher Education Jarosław Gowin regarding the suspension of teaching at universities until 25 March, by Order No 27/20 of 11 March 2020 Rector of the University of Economics in Katowice introduced the following rules:
- Lectures and classes for students, doctoral students and postgraduate students and other forms of education organized by the University are suspended.
- Conferences, symposia, open lectures, artistic performances and other meetings of this type organized by the University as well as events organized at the University by external entities are cancelled.
- International business trips and participation in national conferences, symposia and training of employees, students, doctoral students, postgraduate students and other forms of education organized by the University are suspended.
- Visits of guests at the University are suspended.
- The University Specialist Libraries are closed for readers.
In case of retaking examinations on 12-15 March, 2020, students and doctoral students will have the opportunity to pass exams until 30 June.
At the same time, a procedure for conducting classes using IT tools for on-line communication is introduced. We recommend you to read more about the communication rules below.