The visit of Professor Steven Parker
Between 7-8 of November Faculty of Economics within the Erasmus+ Mobility programme, organized teaching sessions, lead by visiting lecturer Dr Steven Parker from Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Coventry, United Kingdom.
Dr. Steven Parker gave lectures:
Introduction to the strategic commissioning
The session explored the meaning of strategic commissioning within local governance settings (Local Authorities, health providers etc). The session contained:
- Introduction to strategic commissioning (SC) in public services.
- The theory and practice of SC.
- SC in UK service development and delivery.
- How SC is relevant to, and can be developed, in the design of services in Poland.
Coproduction and citizen participation
This session examined the recent growth and interest in civic engagement and coproduction in health and social care service design, delivery and evaluation. The session included:
- The theory and practice of CE and coproduction.
- CE and coproduction in UK policy.
- How CE and coproduction is relevant to, and can be developed, in the design of services in Poland.