Rector's scholarship - general information
Rector's scholarship is being granted to the students for outstanding educational, scientific or artistic achievements or achievements in competitive sport at least on national level.
Who can apply for the Rector scholarship?
- students of the University who completed a year of their program in accordance with the applicable curriculum in a given academic year and had outstanding educational, scientific or artistic accomplishments or achievements in competitive sport in the previous academic year, at least at the national level
- students admitted to a first year of the program in the year of passing their secondary school graduation exam - matura,
- who are winners of international school contests, or winners or finalists of national‑level school contests, referred to in the law on the system of education;
- who won at least one medal in a sports competition as a Polish Champion in one of the sports referred to in the sports law.
Definition of outstanding achievements
- Significant educational accomplishments shall be understood as an average of grades from courses included in the curriculum, required in a given year and a field of study, which is not lower than 4.10.
- Scientific accomplishments shall be understood as:
- being an author or a co‑author or a book or a scientific publication;
- presenting a paper written independently or in cooperation with another author at a national or international conference;
- participating in an EU scientific project;
- participating in scientific research or organizing a conference, a debate as a part of activities of a student research‑interest group or a student organization;
- taking first, second or third position or receiving a commendation or an award in a national or international scientific competition;
- taking first, second or third position or receiving a commendation or an award for a thesis;
- participating in a research and education‑oriented program, e g. Academic Tutoring, Individual Educational Paths.
- Artistic accomplishments shall be understood as:
- taking first, second or third position in a regional, national or international artistic competition;
- organizing an event as a part of activities of a University artistic group, which may be attended by at least students and employees of the University.
- Sport achievements shall be understood as:
- winning medals or participating in the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Universiade, Championships at the world, European or Polish level;
- winning medals for taking fourth, fifth or sixth position at the Polish Academic Championship;
- playing for the Extra League or the First League in team sports
Rector's scholarship - required documents
List of documents confirming achievements:
- authors or co‑authors of scientific books or reviewed scientific publication: copy (original for inspection) of pages with the article (publication), name of the author, date of issue, ISBN or ISSN number (if any), name of the reviewer or certificate of the publisher of the book (publication);
- taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award in a scientific competition: diploma, certificate issued by the organizer of the competition, date of the competition and the place taken;
- giving a speech or presenting a paper written independently or in cooperation with another author at a national or international conference: certificate issued by the organizer or a diploma confirming participation in the conference with a paper written independently or in cooperation with another author, name of the paper, and date and place of the conference;
- scientific research, which is a part of activities of a student research‑interest group or student organization: certificate issued by the supervisor of the research‑interest group or the head of the organization confirming the research activities and a report specifying the type, topic and scope of the research;
- taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award for the thesis: certificate/diploma issued by the organizer to confirm taking the first, second or third place, commendation or award and the date of the competition;
- organizing conferences or debates as a part of activities of a student research‑interest group or student organization: certificate issued by the supervisor of the research‑interest group or the head of the organization confirming conferences or debates organized by the student;
- participating in EU research projects: certificate issued by the project coordinator specifying the topics of the project and confirming their research involvement;
- research and education‑oriented programs: opinion of the tutor or the research supervisor;
- artistic accomplishments: certificate confirming taking first, second or third place in an artistic competition and specifying the level of the competition (international, national regional) and the date of the competition;
- winning medals and taking fourth, fifth or sixth place in sports activities referred to in (6): certificate issued by the Students’ Sport Association of the University, confirmed by the head of the Physical Education and Sports Center;
- winning medals or participating in Olympic Games or Championships, which may not be confirmed with a certificate issued by the head of the Physical Education and Sports Center: certificate issued by a Polish Association for a given sports discipline and a diploma specifying the exact date of the competition (day, month, year). If no diploma is provided, the final announcement of the results and the website whereon the results were published shall be provided;
- winning international school contests, or winning or becoming a finalist of national-level school contests: certificate confirming the accomplishment.
Rector's scholarship for doctoral students (prior to 2019/2020 intake) - required documents
- Application for awarding the rector’s scholarship for participants of doctoral programs, who started the doctoral programs before the academic year 2019/2020
- Scientifiic conferences: certificate of the organizer regarding participation in a scientific conference, taking into account the form of participation, date, place of the conference and title of the conference as well as the conference program and abstract of the presentation
- Scientific achievements:
- if a participant of the doctoral programme is a manager: a copy of the parties to the agreement (in the case of project implementation) with the manager’s name visible;
- in the case where a participant of the doctoral program is a performer – confirmation of the project manager with the percentage involvement in project implementation;
- certificate from the Bureau for Scientific Research and Projects
- Progress in doctoral thesis: an opinion on the progress in the preparation of the doctoral thesis, including the percentage progress of the doctoral thesis