The Polish Government has decided to tighten and change several restrictions. Please, read the new information carefully and act accordingly. New restrictions, valid until 18th April 2021, include:
- Hotels are closed.
- Art galleries, museums, libraries and cinemas are closed.
- Theatres, opera houses and philharmonics - all events with audience attendance are suspended.
- Shopping centers are closed - except for grocery stores, pharmacies, newsagents, bookstores and pet stores.
- Gyms, fitness clubs, swimming pools, saunas, solariums and aqua parks are closed.
- Hair and beauty salons are closed.
- Restaurants are only allowed takeaway or home delivery sales.
Here is the list of the most important limitations that can affect exchange students staying in Poland:
Covering your mouth and nose outdoors is obligatory in public space. Anyone who does not wear a mask will be obliged to present a medical certificate or other document confirming the person's disability at the request of the police or municipal guard. There is no need to cover mouth and nose in forests, parks, green areas. You may only use a mask to cover your mouth and nose. Scarves or face shields are not allowed because they do not fulfil their main function, which is to provide protection against the virus!
Obligation of keeping social distance of at least 1,5 meter.
Gathering of more than 5 people is prohibited (including parties at home).
In public transport the limit of seats is limited to 50% of sitting places or 30% of sitting and standing places.
Obligation of quarantine (10 days) for non-UE citizens (not for students studying at Polish universities, including exchange students), people who had contact with infected person, people who live with a person on quarantine.
Persons who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 are exempted from the obligatory quarantine (on the basis of a certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19).
There is a flight ban to some countries; the list of countries is available here:
More information in English regarding the current situation and restrictions related to the pandemic of covid-19 is available on the official website of Polish government: